Belagavi / Belgaum is the oldest and fastest growing city in Karnataka and is also its 2nd capital. Belagavi holds the distinction of being the fastest-growing urban center and is also a business hub and education center of Karnataka. The city has been shortlisted by the Ministry of Urban Development for development as one of the 100 smart cities in India. Strategically located on the Golden Quadrilateral, NH4 (Bengaluru-Pune-Mumbai) and equidistant from Bengaluru, Hyderabad & Mumbai, Belagavi has a number of advantages over its nearby tier one Bengaluru, Pune and Hyderabad such as low manpower costs, availability of power, cost arbitrage, presence of medical facilities, infrastructure, reduced political and business risk, among others.
- In Karnataka, 24.03% of the population lives in urban areas, making it the second-most populous district in the state, next to Bangalore
- Good average literacy rate of 73.94%
- One of the largest medical facilities in Asia is housed in Belgaum (K.L.E.S. Hospital of Belgaum is the second-largest hospital in Asia. Source: Wikipedia)
- Belagavi / Belgaum has an airport with daily flights plying between Mumbai, Bengaluru, Goa, etc.
- Airport Expansion – To cater to larger crafts up to the 320 / 777 series and to be converted to International Airport via expansion
- Good road & train connectivity – 5-6 hours’ commute to Bangalore / Mumbai
- Education: Educational hub of North Karnataka region
- Around 250 graduation colleges with intake of 6,000 students per year
- 17 engineering colleges with annual intake of 1,750 students in IT / ITeS sector
- 4 medical colleges
- Excellent climate with cultural diversity and high youth population density
- Very low traffic congestion and low pollution levels
- Lower cost of living and lease rentals and high quality of life